Monday, April 2, 2012

Immovable

"So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless." 1 Corinthians 15:58

I read this verse this morning and it just struck a chord with me. Be strong and immovable is what really stuck out to me.

But in the midst of life, how easy is it to be moved? I know that every morning I pray for God to protect me with His armor. But some days are harder than others. I start out strong and then one thing after another hits and I fall.

Other the past few weeks, I have had an especially harder time staying positive. And I know it's totally warfare. We have a lot going on in our family. Gregory is going to Haiti in June, baby #2 is coming in May, Finn is 2 1/2 (very important time for shaping him and important that G and I stay on the same page on discipline), and G and I both have new things happening at work. Bottom line, the enemy wants to steal our joy.

So how do we live this out? I think the second part of the verse tells us - always work enthusiastically for the Lord. No matter what - we just keep working, keep praying, keep our eyes on Him. Because nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. 
 

No comments: