Monday, April 30, 2012

The importance of mother/son time

On Saturday, April 28, Finn and I participated in a "Mother-Son Date Knight" at Chick-fil-a. It was so much fun. We were treated like royalty - table cloths, food on plates, served by a waitress, and much more! Overall, I was just so grateful I got to take Finn. Being 39 weeks pregnant you never know what you will get to do since I'm like a ticking time bomb that could go off at any time.

Today I want to write about how important this time was with Finn. First of all, children need their love tank filled up just like adults do. When I told him we were going on a date, he was so excited. G got him all ready and had him take care of everything just like the man would on a date. Finn held on to the ticket, opened my car door for me, and told me I looked "pretty." While on the date, I made sure to ask him questions and have him ask me questions to keep him engaged. These mother-son dates will help prepare him for the dating world when he's older. Gasp!

Being a mom of a son is a very special bond. I pray for the mate that God has created for him everyday. And I pray that I can prepare him to treat her like a queen, just as his daddy has treated me. So if you have a son and you haven't had a special date just the two of you...do it! You won't regret it. Last night was an etched memory for me.

What a precious little son I have :) Thank you God for this blessing!

 He's saying "Are you ready to go, Mommy?"
Love my lil' knight!

No comments: