Monday, April 23, 2012

What am I learning lately?

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook then you know how much I LOVE my Jesus Calling devotional. It seems like I copy and paste a sentence or two almost everyday. God has been using this devotional to speak to me EVERYDAY!

Just take a look at the last few weeks:
  1. When My Spirit is controlling your mind, you are filled with Life and Peace.
  2. I have designed you to need Me moment by moment...Approach My throne of grace with bold confidence, receiving My Peace with a thankful heart 
  3. Don’t let unexpected events throw you off course...respond calmly & confidently, remembering that I am w/you.
  4. When you criticize or complain, you are acting as if you think you could run the world better than I do. From your limited human perspective, it may look as if I’m mismanaging things. But you don’t know what I know or see what I see. If I pulled back the curtain to allow you to view heavenly realms, you would understand much more. However, I have designed you to live by faith, not by sight. I lovingly shield you from knowing the future or seeing into the spirit world. Acknowledge My sovereignty by giving thanks in all circumstances.
  5. The best way to handle unwanted situations is to thank Me for them.
  6. Your weakness is not a deterrent to being filled with My Spirit...it provides an opportunity for My Power to shine forth more brightly 
  7. I have promised to meet all your needs according to My glorious riches. Your deepest, most constant need is for My Peace.
 As you can see - God is telling me to thank Him even when times are hard, trust Him when I don't know what to do, and that His peace is available when I feel out of control. And that's what I'm praying through. He is telling me those things daily. But I have to take the step to trust and follow Him. Just as my pastor says - being a Christian is really about being a disciple and following after Him. It's not easy. But I'm working on it. 

So...what are you working on?

No comments: