Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Weekly Lessons Learned

It's basically daily that Finn does something that God uses to teach me a truth about Him. I thought it might be fun to start sharing some of these lessons. I'm going to try to post them every week on Wednesday since I'm home.



This week it happened on Sunday. So picture this - we were at the park just letting Finn run around in the soccer field. The weather was perfect - warm with a nice cool breeze. Finn really enjoyed running around. He would take off like a firecracker! What I began notice is that he would run and every few feet, he'd turn around and say "mama?" Once we would make eye contact and I said "I'm right here" he'd wave and start running again.



Do you realize what he was doing?

He wanted to make sure I was watching, following, and at a comfortable distance. It was the third time he did this that God said clearly to me - do you look for me like that? I was speechless. What a proclamation! And if I completely honest, I don't look for my Father that often. And what an awesome lesson Finn (and ultimately God) taught me that day. Now throughout the day I call out to make sure my Daddy is still there - watching over, leading me, and shining through me to others.

When was the last time you called to Him? Or have you forgotten like I had?

He's always there waiting to be called upon.

No comments: