Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lessons Learned


Yes, that's a retaining wall. I will never look at one the same again. This past week, I was one of 13 people selected to be on a court case. And this case was all about a retaining wall. A retaining wall that failed and a man that lost his house. We had to decide who's fault it was - his, the builder, or the designer. And how much money to award the man if we decided it was under 50% his fault.

It was quite an experience. It left me emotionally drained every night. I missed my husband and I missed my son. But nonetheless, it was a good experience. I was able to share my faith and hopefully be a shining light for Jesus.

My lesson learned was that you are to make the most out of EVERY opportunity. The first 2 days, I was negative and quite frankly pissed I had to be there. But then after hearing more of the case and God speaking to me through quiet time - I realized God told me I should make the most of this opportunity.

And so my perspective changed and I did make the most of it. I was praying a simple prayer a lot. "Less of me, more of you"...

So thankful for another awesome lesson learned from my abba father.

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is." Ephesians 5:15-17

No comments: