Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Live. Love. Laugh

Live. Love. Laugh.

I have always loved that motto. But I feel like it really describes my marriage. We do life together. We love fully. And most importantly we laugh. And laugh a lot.

This Friday, May 20th, 2011 - we will celebrate 5 years of marriage. And add that to our 3 years of dating and we have been together a total of 8 years. 

The truth is - my husband is my best friend. He is always there for me. He is an amazing leader for our family. And I'm blessed that God put us together so early in life. His love for me is just as its described in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

As we get to the 5 year mark, I wanted to list my top 10 most favorite things about marrying Gregory. In no particular order.

10. I love how silly we can be around each other.

 9. I love that coming in to the Walkup family I was given a HUGE love and appreciate for Puerto Rican food. Where would I be without my Goya Adobo and Olive Oil???
8. I love what an amazing person Gregory is. Thank you Abba and Papi for raising such a wonderful son!
 7. So happy that I gained a sister by marrying Gregory!
 6. I love that I turned a cat lover into a dog lover. Savannah was our first baby!
 5. I got a mini-Gregory when Finn was born. :)

4. Happy to share in life's triumphs with my best friend - G running a full marathon and us running a half marathon together.  We just keep crossing off items on our bucket list!
 3. I'm so grateful to have a husband who really enjoys yard work. This is my favorite part in our yard - in the back, it's a trail leading to a tree he planted when Finn was born.
 2. Pictures with Jason Pendley. Forever grateful to him for capturing such wonderful memories of my family! I love the little family God has given me. And yes, I would like more children if God blesses us with them.
May 20, 2006
May 7, 2011
 1. Most of all, I just love sharing life with an incredible person. I am so blessed. Happy 5 years my love! Praying God continues to use us to minister & show Christ's love to others. We are here for others to see Christ in us-Amen!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments: