Saturday, May 14, 2011

Book review: "Letters to Moms" by Karen Stubbs


I just recently finished ready this book by my mom's group leader, Karen Stubbs. She has a wonderful ministry that I love being a part of called Birds on a Wire. If you're a mom to any age child - you should check out her website or facebook page.

Anyway, the book was great. It's basically a compilation of letters that Karen has written to moms. The letters are her way of teaching us a lesson. Lessons on prioritizing, perfection, putting your husband first, etc. After the letter she expands on the subject using scripture. After that section is a prayer and some questions to work through. It's very easy to read. I read this book in just over a week because you just don't want to put it down.

My favorite chapter was on balance. It was all about how only you decide what all you can participate in once you have children. This chapter was instrumental to me lowering my hours and responsibility at work. It showed me that once you have children - you have a greater calling. A calling to train up a child in the way he should go. I decided that I no longer could work more than 3 days in the office. I needed my pendulum to swing more towards home. Now I have 4 days home and 3 days at work. Things aren't perfect - but it is going much better since the changes.

Ok, my point in writing is to tell you to get this book. It's one I will look back on often! Thanks for writing Karen - you are following God's calling on your life and us mom's are so grateful!

2 comments:

TheHouseWifeRookie said...

I'm gonna have to check that out! It's sounds like it can be a great encouragement!

Allison said...

Thanks for sharing...I just bought the book...can't wait to read it! :)