Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lessons Learned


 And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1

If you look closely in the picture above, you will see Gregory and I. We ran a half marathon together on April 29, 2011. And wow - what an experience it was. I wanted to share my lesson learned for last week with you all. 

Gregory and I trained for 16 weeks to be able to run a half marathon together. This was quite the accomplishment for me. We picked the Music Marathon in Nashville, TN because we thought it would be a fun one to do together. And it sure was. There were hills and they were hard - but there is nothing like finishing that race holding hands with my best friend and soul's mate.

As we crossed the finish line, I got a flash in my head of Heaven. I know it was the Holy Spirit. We rounded a corner to see thousands of people in stadium seating. They were cheering and clapping as people crossed the finish line. I felt as if I was entering my own Heaven. And holding my husband's hand made it even more surreal.

I am so thankful for the experience. I hope to run a full marathon next. But for now, I'm thanking God for the vision he gave me. I hope my life will feel as fulfilled as I did when I crossed the finish line after all that hard work and training to get to that point. Praise you Lord. And a special thank you to Gregory for staying on my slow pace :) I  love you!
Here we are about to cross the finish line...
This is from the beginning of the race - but wow...can you see how many people there are - 33,000 signed up to run. I will never forget that day!

No comments: