Friday, April 22, 2011

Peace isn't easy

Having peace, living in peace, being a peace maker. I'm always praying for it. I'm always longing to just "be still." But it's easier said than done.

My mind is always running. It's so hard to turn my brain off. Actually, I don't think it's possible to turn my thoughts off. So what to do?

Did you know that the word peace is mentioned in the Bible over 200 times? Obviously, that means that God cares about being peaceful. My favorite verse is where it defines peace as one "that transcends all understanding." Do you get the depth of hat verse? That means that we can't even fathom the kind of peace that God can give us if we ask.

That's what I'm praying for. God's peace. One day I will achieve that. Until then I'll keep praying...

Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 
2 Peter 1:2

No comments: