Wednesday, April 13, 2011

No control

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord directs his path" Proverbs 16:9

Wow - let that verse sink in. Read it again. What does it mean to you?

To me, it means no control. And I can be really honest here and say this is very hard for me. Actually, it's the hardest piece of being a Christian. I can make all the plans I want, but God's the ultimate director.

What I'm learning lately is that when I don't let God lead I'm not trusting. I'm not trusting Him and all the lessons and blessings he has in store for me. He always has the best interest for me because he can see the whole time line. Whereas I am living in tunnel vision.

So - what I'm trying to say is there is a balance here. You don't want to just be moved by the winds. But at the same time, you must recognize you have a leader. And His will ultimately will take priority anyway. How do you live this out?

1-Recognize God's place
2-Make plans, but be flexible
3-Pray a lot - "Less of me, more of You"


That's what I do. It's a daily hourly struggle for me. So I will leave you with this one last time...

Less of me, More of YOU!

No comments: