Friday, April 15, 2011

The hope of Heaven

 "Let the hope of Heaven give you peace today"

I don't know about you but I too easily get caught up in crap during my day. Drama that's happening around me, the urgent tasks, my to do list, and the list could go on and on. I find myself saying - Gosh there are really bad things happening in this world or Life just isn't fair or I have so much to do and not enough hours.

And those statements are true. However, as a Christian we are to have a Heavenly perspective. We are to fix our eyes on Him. I love how Hebrews 12:1-2 puts it - "Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it's shame and sat down at the right hand throne of God."

So for me today - I'm asking God to give me that Heavenly perspective. I'm asking him to let the hope of Heaven give me peace. 
What about you? What can you do today?


No comments: