Saturday, September 4, 2010

Relationally Balanced

Relationships are everywhere-with your family, your friends, your coworkers.

The important question is "how healthy are your relationships". The Webster dictionary describes healthy as "prosperous and flourishing". When you think about relationship with your spouse, your kids, your friends, etc.- do you think "these relationships are prosperous and flourishing"?

More importantly, how is your relationship with God?

Prosperous and flourishing is basically a fancy way of saying growing. I've found I have to be very intentional and purposeful when it comes to the relationships in my life. In order to keep my relationships healthy, they need to be prioritized correctly. For me, they have to stay in this order-God, husband, child, family, friends. When the priority gets out of whack then my relationships are no longer balanced. So to stay healthy and balanced you must put your relationships in order.

What is one action item you can do this week to be balanced in the area of relationships? For me it is to put God first.

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:5-10

1 comment:

Karin Coibion said...

Very well put Rach! I definitely have been loading up on the God and family time and need to do some catch up with friendships. Love and miss you!