The Armor of God - Ephesians 6:10-1810 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
This verse totally is applicable to life. Look at the descriptions below...
(The notes below are from my Mom's retreat)
- Helmet of salvation: the battle begins in your mind, pray to guard your mind
- Breastplate of righteousness: heart = emotions, pray to guard against our emotions
- Belt of truth: God's word helps us combat false beliefs, pray to guard against false beliefs
- Sandals of peace: be a peacemaker, pray against chaos
- Shield of faith: Knowing God goes before us, he's our protector, pray against worry and anxiety
- Sword of the spirit: master one verse at a time, pray to guard us against the enemy
- Pray in the spirit: pray without ceasing!