Monday, October 11, 2010

The Lord is MY Shepherd

Yesterday at church we heard the speaker Justin Grunewald. He works in the middle school department at Buckhead. And well, he is quite the communicator. He preached yesterday on the popular bible verses in Psalm. I have listed the verses below...

Psalm 23

 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
       he leads me beside quiet waters,
 3 he restores my soul.
       He guides me in paths of righteousness
       for his name's sake.
 4 Even though I walk
       through the valley of the shadow of death,
       I will fear no evil,
       for you are with me;
       your rod and your staff,
       they comfort me.
 5 You prepare a table before me
       in the presence of my enemies.
       You anoint my head with oil;
       my cup overflows.
 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
       all the days of my life,
       and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
       forever.

I would recommend you go and listen to the sermon on our website by clicking the link: Online Messages @ North Point The title of the sermon is "Promises".

Anyway, the message really got me thinking...where in my life is God not MY Shepherd? Where have I not invited HIM to lead? I will be praying through this the next few days. But just yesterday one area popped to mind-

Part of parenting is fixing meals, doing laundry, bathing, diaper changing, etc-All those things are under my control, I lead there. But do I have to? I should be asking God to lead and help me with the little teachable moments with Finn.

And what else? I'm sure there are TONS of areas. I wish there wasn't, but unfortunately it's reality. Our flesh always wants to take over.

So join me...ask God to show you where he is NOT currently your Shepherd. And then, ask him to be. Life change is on the way!

No comments: