Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thirsty Thursday - Accepting

Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes. Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving Presence; you are Mine.

I read those words this morning and started crying. I don't just accept the day as it comes. Even though I don't really like the morning, I wake up running. Life is busy. This is a crazy season for my family. And I'm just being very transparent when I say - I love it and I hate it all at the same time. Two kids under the age of 3, work, marriage, friends, other family...wow - it's an exhausting time! But in the same breath, what sweet times this is. Selah is a precious baby and Finn is like a sponge learning so much every day.

So I want to be able to sit back and enjoy these times. I don't want to wish it away. I want to live in the moment. That is a constant struggle as the world reminds us how fast time goes by. Today, I want to encourage you to accept this day. And trust God to take you through it. To really live in the moment you have to live by the moment. 

And most importantly - Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving Presence; you are Mine.

No comments: