Monday, December 5, 2011

Confession

Being a mom is hard. Doesn't matter if you work or stay home. It's hard. By hard, I mean challenging.

Temper tantrums. Yelling. Time Outs. Consistency. Exhaustion.Those are just a few words to describe my days with my Finn.

I don't relax. Even through the night, I'm randomly waking up thinking I hear Finn crying. Being a mom is a 24/7 job.

Being a mom, does have it's rewards. My son's hugs, kisses, and I love you's are priceless. He shows me God's love. He just wants my attention. He longs for mommy. He is a momma's boy - I love that. I could play with him for 2 hours - then get up to go to the bathroom and when I come back - he's saying "mommy, play you?" On our car rides to work/school, he asks me to pray. That melts my heart. And even at 2 years old, he's already told me he "loves Jesus."

So on the hard days, what do I do? I rest in Him. I rest in my Savior. He's the only one who can give me peace, perspective, perseverance, and patience. How's that for all P's? HAHA! I can't take credit - that was from Ashley.

I hope this truth filled post will encourage you other moms.



I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. Psalm 62:1

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

 

No comments: