Sunday, July 31, 2011

Post Cambodia - Days 1-5

It's hard to sum up into words what the past 12 days have been for me. God has grown me and taught me more than I could have ever imagined in just 12 days. If you want to read some detail of all the days we were on the mission field - check out our team blog http://battambang2011.wordpress.com/. I am breaking my week into days 1-5 and 6-12. Below is the first half of my trip. Enjoy!

I will try to sum up my experience through pictures since I think that's the best way.


Day 1 and 2: We arrive in Phnom Penh after over 24 hours of traveling. Personally, I was very tired since I hadn't slept yet.


Day 3: We tour the city, see the church, and attend a wedding! Seeing the Khmer Rouge again was rough. This time it was much harder for me because of how deeply I love the Cambodian people.

 Me and Vanna snuggling on the bus ride!
 Sweet baby Na Na sleeping in the hammock
Phillip braiding Jill's hair
Day 4: We head to the BEACH with the kids!!! Had so much fun playing in the water, braiding each others hair, and building sand castles.

 Getting my hair braided by Phillip
 Beautiful shells!
 As a team we all tried the fresh caught and cooked squid. Look at me being adventurous!
Cheers!
Day 5: We spent the morning at the beach playing with the kids. It was such a fun time to all be together. After lunch we loaded up the buses and headed to Battambang. Because of bad weather it took us 10 1/2 hours. So this was a very tiring day!

To be continued....

No comments: