The author takes you through 10 rules. I have listed them out below, but you'll have to read the book to get more details. Just so i'm clear - I recommend this book!
- Realize that God means for you to be where you are.
- Be more concerned for God's glory than for your relief.
- Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord.
- Stay calm and confident, and guve God time to work.
- When unsure, just take the next logical step by faith.
- Envision God's enveloping presence.
- Trust God to deliver in His own unique way.
- View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future.
- Don't forget to praise Him.
And below were a few of my favorite quotes from the book:
"Life is hard - especially for Christians"
"Sometimes we can't find the answers to our dilemmas because we're asking the wrong questions. Try asking "How can God be glorified in this situation?"
"Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord"
"Whenever we chose character over convenience, faithfulness over ease, or honesty over deceit, we bring honor to the Lord himself"
"God wants His children's emotions under control"
"Faith raises the soul above the difficulty, straight to God Himself, and enables one to stand still. We gain nothing by our restless and anxious efforts. It is therefore true wisdom, in all times of difficulty and perplexity, to stand still - to wait upon God, and He will assuredly open a way for us."
"For His children, He serves as both Guard and Guide. He both precedes us and protects us."
"Our faith grows when we chose to apply God's promises to today's problems and use the experiences to mature us for tomorrow's challenges."