Monday, July 4, 2011

Lessons Learned

"When you are in a difficult place, realize that the Lord either placed you there or allowed you to be there, for reasons perhaps known for now only to Himself" -Robert J. Morgan

For the last few months, I have been feeling a lot of spiritual warfare. I know it's because of the mission trip - I remember this from last time I went. But I was starting to get a bad attitude when things didn't go my way. Even last week, I got really upset when our dog ended up sick and we couldn't take Finn to Botanical Gardens like we planned. Gregory always seems to put things in perspective - he said "maybe we are supposed to stay home today and rest."

After the day was over, I realized he was right. While Finn was napping I started a book called The Red Sea Rules. Quotes began popping off the page to me. Which I always know is God speaking to me through the book. The first chapter talks about worry. And we all know I've been struggling there. Below are the quotes I highlighted in my book.

"Someone defined worry as a small trickle of fear that meanders through the mind, cutting a channel into which all other thoughts flow."

"John R. Rice said, "Worry is putting question marks where God has put periods."'

"Bishop Fulton J. Sheen called worry "a form of atheism for it betrays a lack of faith and trust in God."

So lesson learned - TRUST GOD! God has a plan even in the valleys of life. Easier said than done.

I'd love to hear some of your lessons learned. Open your eyes and look at what God is teaching you each week - then share with me!

1 comment:

Merry Memories said...

There was a time where I would worry and wonder if I would ever be a mommy. I would cry every night and ask God why. It's obvious God didn't plan for me to carry a baby in my belly, but He did plan for me to be the best Mommy I could be...my ultimate dream has come true and He DID make me a Mommy, just not the way I planned. I have learned to trust God and to let Him lead. We can't worry about how something will happen because it is His plan and He plans with love! Great post Rach!

I especially love the quote by "John R. Rice, "Worry is putting question marks where God has put periods."'