Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Lie I've Believed

Well, I haven't written in a little bit...and I'm sorry about that. It seems like I look up and a whole week just passes by. And the last few weeks have been SUPER busy.

Anyway, the reason I am posting tonight is because I had a revelation in my mom's group tonight and it was worth sharing with my blog readers. The paragraph below is from my notes from group tonight. And I really hope you can fully embrace what I'm about to say.

The statement "God will only give you what you can handle" is a lie from the pit of hell (graphic i know! haha) We do experience more than we can handle. And it's so that we can completely rely on God. Ultimately it's about his glory and it has nothing to do with us and everything to do with Him.

Wow-what a profound statement. I have said that exact statement a thousand times to friends& family. And hearing it was a lie was just plain craziness to me. But now as I look back on things I have experienced - they were terrible and in my own strength I couldn't handle.  But I know I was leaning on God and didn't even fully get that.

Anyway, I have many more thoughts to come on this topic so come back and read more soon. But for now, let that sink in...

The statement "God will only give you what you can handle" is a lie from the pit of hell. We do experience more than we can handle. And it's so that we can completely rely on God. Ultimately it's about his glory and it has nothing to do with us and everything to do with Him.

No comments: