Saturday, August 28, 2010

Who am I?

Who am I?

That's a question I have wrestled with almost all my life. I'm a daughter, I'm a wife, I'm a mother, I'm a child, I'm a friend. And it wasn't until this past year that I truly understood who I really am. I love the fact that God used this role of a mother to truly teach me who I am.

I am His.

This past year has been a year of growth for me. Having a son has completely changed my life for the better. I have felt a love different from any love. I've truly understood how my mom feels about me. I've truly understood how God feels about me. And wow, that truth is overwhelming.

Understanding what unconditional love is. And I'm reminded of these words in the Corinthians.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

I like to read those verses and replace the word love with God.

It's just this simple.

God is LOVE.

1 comment:

Karin Coibion said...

Such a beautiful truth! We are His. Love you friend.