Saturday, February 27, 2010

5 months!


Feeding

This month was a new adventure because I started exploring new food for my sweet baby boy. I m attempting to make his food. So far it's very easy and saving us LOTS of money. He is still getting formula at 7, 11, 3, and 7.  He gets a solid food meal at 9:00 and 5:30. He has tasted and loved everything so far. Finn has eaten sweet potatoes, avocado, pears, apples, rice cereal, and oatmeal. Next we will try peaches and plums. This has been so fun, I can't imagine how awesome it must be to taste something for the first time. Everything must be delicious and full of flavor!

Weight
At his last doctor's appointment he was 16 pounds and 2 oz. I think he's about 17 pounds now.

Sleep
This past month we de-swaddled so sleeping hasn't been that great. I also think we have started teething which makes it even more difficult. But Finn is learning to soothe himself so that's a good thing. He goes to bed at 7:30 and I do not get him out of the crib until 7:00 am. So he does whine it out a little around 4:30 every morning. Naps are another story-he hasn't been napping so well. Hopefully it will get better soon!


Wake Time
We have a very happy little boy. He loves to smile and laugh. He loves to be able to see everything that's going on. He still LOVES the exersaucer. He is trying to sit up so I think that will be in the next few weeks for sure. He also is starting to like tummy time more.

Clothes
Finn is starting to get into the 3-6 month clothes. I actually just started packing up his 0-3 month clothes. Made me really sad. He is growing so fast!

Fun fact
Today we had lunch with most of the ladies I went to Cambodia with 2 years ago. The fun thing is that we have all had babies now. We were pregnant together and our kids are weeks apart. When they get older I would love for all of us to go on a mission trip together. That would just be amazing. God is so good to bless us 4 with healthy babies! 3 boys and one sweet girl. Love to Angela/Joshua, Molly/Nate, and Julie/Lily!

From left to right:                                                         From left to right:
Me (Rachael W), Julie S, Angela C, Molly V           Nate V, Finn W, Joshua C, Lily S

No comments: