Sunday, August 30, 2009

i know, i know...

I needed to update bad! I have been feeling so overwhelmed that I haven't even had time to write on here. I think its because I haven't been able to completely nest because I don't know where to put anything. I look in the drawers and think what would go best here? I look in the bins and think what would I be reaching for in here? It's all so hard to imagine since I don't know what life will be like with a newborn. So my nursery just has piles and piles of stuff on the floor. Lucky for me, my good friend Karin is coming over this week to help me organize!

So, other than those feelings-I'm also getting really excited. I see a light at the end of the tunnel of pregnancy and cannot wait to bring this sweet baby home. I also can't wait to find out if this baby is a girl or boy! Be sure and vote on my blog site, only 4 weeks left!

If you can be praying for me I would appreciate it. I am getting increasingly uncomfortable as the days pass. My right foot is VERY swollen and I can't seem to get the swelling to go down. I'm going to the bathroom almost every hour. Even with sleeping pills, I'm not sleeping more than 4 hours. I know I won't get to sleep that much once the baby is here but i'd like to sleep before he/she arrives! I'm having braxton hicks contractions ALOT. And they are painful :( Oh and I have feet in my ribs! Other than physical stuff, emotionally I'm kinda crazy too. I've been randomly crying for no reason, feeling anxious about delivery, and nervous about bring home a child to raise. I know this is all due to hormones and lack of sleep but it still makes it very hard to work all day then come home to a house I can't completely nest in then go to bed to do it all over again.

Thank you in advance!

I can't end the post without a few pictures from my last shower. It was thrown by the lovely Kristen Owen and Megan Gwinn. Here's a few of my favorites...

Here's me with my hostesses!


Me and Christy-our babies are only a few days apart!

Me and the sissa!

Me and Abuela (the mom in law)

Isn't this the cutest cake!?

Friends since high school, crazy to think we graduated almost 10 years ago! ahh!!

Big Rachel and Lil' Rachael reunited! So thankful for her words of encouragement!


**I wish I had pictures of me with everyone that was there. The shower was AWESOME! And Baby Walkup got TONS of gifts. Thanks to everyone for coming to celebrate with me! **

1 comment:

Karin Coibion said...

It was so great to spend time with you and the Titus 2 ladies on Saturday. I am excited to spend the day with you on Friday and help you set up the nursery! You better believe I am going to make you sit in the chair with your feet up and ice on them. I know it is hard but try to get some rest. Love you friend!