Thursday, December 11, 2008

A peace that transcends all understanding...




So this morning, I woke up feeling strange. I just started my day with being what I like to call "emotional". It's not a good thing. I cry for no reason and just feel sad. But as I finally got up, I checked my email and had two things that God really spoke to me. One was an email from my mom. It had these verses attached to it.

John 15
The Vine and the Branches
1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2.He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3.You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4.Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6.If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7.If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8.This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10.If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11.I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12.My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13.Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14.You are my friends if you do what I command. 15.I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16.You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.
9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

The next thing was a devotional called Proverbs 31 Ministries. It had a verses and some truths to meditate on.

“Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.”
Psalm 61:1-4 (NIV)

Shifting Emotion:
I don’t always feel noticed by other people. Everyone just seems to be wrapped up in their own lives. Sometimes I even wonder if God notices me.

Solid Truth:
God not only notices us, He is with us at all times. We are to keep ourselves in God’s love whether we feel Him or not. By praying, and filling our minds with God’s truth, His love will grow in us and through us. Then we won’t be so consumed with wanting others to notice us. We will become people who notice others and let God’s love shine on them. Jude 1:20-21, “But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.” (NIV)

Shifting Emotion:
I don’t feel very loved. Therefore, I don’t feel like being very loving towards others.

Solid Truth:
We are dearly loved by God. His love enables us to display compassion, kindness and patience even when we don’t feel like it. Colossians 3:12, “Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.” (NIV)

Shifting Emotion:
Does God really care about this situation I’m in?

Solid Truth:
God is with us. As we cry out to Him, we are reminded of His help. Proverbs 61:1-4, “Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.” (NIV)

****************************************************************************************

I'm hanging on to the words of God today. Thanks for saving those who are crushed in spirit! I love my BIG God!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post. I want to be a person who notices others and lets God’s love shine on them! I hope your spirit is lifted today!

Karin Coibion said...

Rachael you are very loved! You are an incredible woman of God, who loves others with everything you have. I am so blessed to know you. Praying for you always!