Sunday, September 28, 2008

Infinite Grace

Yes, that's me-i'm pretty tired! But i'm holding a ticket to the Women of Faith conference I went to with my mom this weekend. It was absolutely amazing! God's timing is so perfect. The topic was Infinite Grace and what better time to show that to me. Below are some notes from the conference that really stuck out to me. My favorite speaker was Patsy Clairmont. You can check out some of her stuff on YouTube.com. Also she has a blog and you can visit it-http://www.patsyclairmont-blog.com/ She is just a REAL women of true faith. Also, before I go into my notes I wanted to tell you about a series Andy just finished this week called "The Fives Things God uses to Grow your Faith". Today's sermon was on Pivotal Circumstances. I encourage you to watch the sermon http://www.fivethingsgoduses.com/pivotal Andy even mentions Ashly and Denny. I now see some good in that situation-God has used their story to touch over 20,000 people this Sunday. Praise the Lord!

OK, so I know you are ready to see what I learned this weekend! Here it goes-
The Pre-Conference "I Second that Emotion"
This was all about how woman have so many emotions. And we can't just wear them on our sleeves. We should be reminded that "Emotions don't have a brain they are only feelings." Patsy did a visual aid by using tangled up rubber bands. Sometimes as women we wake up all tangled. We must keep God on our minds at all times. Satan is out to devour us and he will get all up in your thoughts. The enemy comes into our thoughts to condemn you. As Christian women must be in the Word of God so we can be protected. Jan, another one of the speakers, spoke right to me as she said these words-"God has not forgotten you". Also, I was reminded that "we must do what we know to do and then trust God with the rest." What a concept-in good times it's so easy but in the low parts of life-that's when it's hard! Anyway, it was all very encouraging!

The Conference
It started off with some wonderful praise and worship from the worship team. One of the songs spoke to me and I have the words below. It's a beautiful song-so look it up when you can.
Rescue
You are the source of life, I cant be left behind
No one else will do, I will take hold of you
I need you Jesus, I need you Jesus
My heart is yours for life, I need your help in mine
No one else will do, I put my trust in you
I need you Jesus to come to my rescue where else could I go
There's no other name by which I am saved-capture me with grace
I will follow you, I will follow you
You are the source of life-I cant be left behind
No one else will do father, I will take hold of you
I need you Jesus to come to rescue where else could I go
There's no other name by which I am saved-capture me with grace
I will follow you, this world has nothing for me
This world has nothing for me, this world has nothing for me
This world has nothing for me this world has nothing for me,
I need you Jesus to come to rescue where else could I go
There's no other name by which I am saved- capture me with grace
Cause I need you Jesus to come to my rescue where else could I go
There's no other name by which I am saved capture me with grace
Capture me with grace, capture me with grace
I will follow you, I will follow you
This world has nothing for me, this world has nothing for me
I will follow you!

Now, doesn't that song just sum it all up for you! I need you Jesus to come to my rescue. That's exactly what I have been crying out. And here it is in a worship song. Max Lucado also spoke and he was great! My favorite quote of his was this- "John 3:16 is 26 words of hope beginning with God and ending with life." What a beautiful summary of truth! The next day we were taught about true grace. We all have weaknesses. And God will meet you in your weakness and fill in the gaps. My weakness is anxiety, fear, busyness, and lots more. But God always finds a way to show me a verse or speak to me through a friend. What is your weakness? Will you allow God to take over? If you feel abandoned-know that you are not! For encouragement you can read Isaiah 41.

To sum it all up-it's like my soul was refreshed and I needed that! I hope you enjoyed my summary. I will leave you with a video of "Redeemer" by Nicole C. Mullen. I hadn't really listened to the words lately. I found this video with the words right on it. For me, this was a reminder of just how BIG God is. He knows every hair on my head and every thought in my mind. Praise be to HIM!

Thanks for reading! Sorry for such a LONG post-I had a lot to share with you all :)

Tell me how was your weekend???

In HIS mighty grip-
Rachael

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rach..as I read your blog today..my mind was just flooded with the memories of the conference. I sat and cried again as I listened to Nicole sing My Redeemer Lives..It was truly an amazing weekend..No matter what happens on this side of heaven, it is a sweet knowledge that as God said in the bible and told Patsy.."There will be light" What a special weekend spent with my God and my sweet daughter. I love you!!

Erin Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing! I loved reading about it. I cried during the service on Sunday and hearing about Ashley's story really made me think. It truly is amazing how God uses circumstances good and bad for so many different reasons and to touch so many different people. He truly is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!