Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's a....

GIRL!!!!

Introducing Selah Grace

Born May 6 at 6:39 am
6 1/2 pounds and 19 1/2 inches 



I would like to document how my girl made her entrance into the world. 

It started around 6:00 pm on Saturday, May 5th. I had been feeling sick all day but really was pushing through and enjoying my time with Finn. Before dinner I noticed contractions coming every 8 minutes. But that was nothing new - I had been having contractions off and on for 14 days. We went out to eat (Moe's of course for the $3 burrito deal). And at dinner, I noticed the contractions getting worse. We finished up, went to store, and by the time we got home I was really hurting. I tried taking a bath, a shower, then ended up laying down. By 10:00, the contractions were 5 minutes apart and lasting 1 minute and 30 seconds. We decided better get to the hospital. Once we packed up, got my mom over, and got admitted - it was midnight. I asked for my epidural immediately. Thank goodness, because when the doctor checked me I was already halfway there. I had to wait about an hour til I got the epidural. That was a LONG hour. Once the epidural set it, the rest went super fast. And she came out very easy. 

When G announced it was a girl, I cried. I am so excited for so many things. God has truly blessed us with an angel. And I could not be more ready for this challenge of raising up a woman in this broken world. So grateful! Below are a few pictures...lots more to come!

 Just got my epidural and I'm happy!
 It was so cold in our room. Plus the IV fluids were making me shake because I was so cold on the inside. So we snuggled up - couldn't sleep. We were too excited to find out who this baby was...
 Seeing Selah's sweet face. She looks JUST like Finn.
 Welcome to our family Selah!
 Finn meeting his sister just a few hours after her birth.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Love it! Can't wait to meet Selah and give you a big hug!!!