Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fear

I have been dealing with fear this pregnancy. And it's been a constant thought in my head. I met with my mentor this week and she gave me some great words of wisdom. So I just wanted to type them up so I can come back to them.

1. Fear is not of the Lord. His word says - "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

2. We must chose not to listen to the whispers of Satan. God's word says - "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

3. Captivate your thoughts and renew your mind. Again, God's word says - "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2 and "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" 2 Corinthians 10:5

Last but not least, my mentor told me I am probably dealing with fear because I know what an amazing gift from God a child is. So I will keep repeating scripture and trusting Him.  No matter what happens my life is in His hands. Bad things, good things - Christ is my constant.

I'd love you to join me in prayer. Thank you in advance.

No comments: