Monday, June 27, 2011
Wanted to send an update to my supporters to fill you in on what's been happening with our team. Things are going great. God has definitely put together an amazing team. We had our team retreat this past weekend. We relaxed at a family lake house, shared stories, and bonded together as a true family.
We also broke the 21 day Daniel fast together as a team. The 21 days was challenging. The spiritual warfare was rough on everyone. But we persevered through and God taught each of us a lot. Specifically, I learned that I was not fully trusting God. I was in a constant state of anxiety and worry. I have released that and I am starting to feel much better. God is so incredible. I bow amazed at His feet.
Now we are just 24 days away from leaving. I do have a few prayer requests. And as always, thank you so much to all my supporters. I feel completely overwhelmed with love and support from my family and friends. And in the next update, (sent right before we leave) I will have a sentence about each day so you can be praying specifically. Love to you all!
1. Please pray for my team to continue to keep God first and relay on him through the 24 days we have left to prepare for Cambodia.
2. Please pray for my husband, Greg and my son, Finn. It's going to be very hard to leave them.
3. Please pray for myself and my co-leader Jon as we lead this amazing group of people to Cambodia.
4. Please pray for all that needs to be wrapped up before we go. 24 days and counting!
And last but not least, if you still want to give financially, you can either donate online (instructions below) or mail me a check made out to "North Point Ministries" 3955 New Salem Ct, Cumming, GA 30040.
To support financially …
1. Go to www.GOglobalX.org
2. Click on “Give” in the top right corner
3. Select “Cambodia-Battambang” in the Country dropdown
4. Select “Cambodia-Battambang Orphanage 7/21/2011” in the Trip drop down
5. Type "Rachael Walkup" in the Individual section